Friday, October 7, 2011

Food for thought.

There's a despicable human (whose name will not be mentioned) who is going around saying that they know more about Transformers than I do. Now while that's not true (and even if it was) what does it matter? Are you going to win an award? Are people going to think you're SOOOOO awesome? No.

I believe that being a TRUE TransFan doesn't completely depend on what you know about The Transformers. Now, yes, if the only character you know is movieverse Bumblebee and you think that makes you a TransFan, people will hate you and tell you to shut up.

Now this can go for any fandom of ANY genre, not exclusively Transformers. Being a true fan (in this case, a true TransFan) is all about how you feel about them. If they truly mean something to you. For me personally they are a second family to me. They're something I can enjoy.

I've made memories with them, I've bawled in public during movie premiers, I've hugged them and jumped around Wal-Mart when mom said I could get a new TF toy...

It's all about what you make of them, not what you know about them. I read and write fanfiction when I'm bored. I buy all of the comics as soon as they come out. I try my hardest to scrounge up money to buy new toys. I SAT IN SENTINEL PRIME! I touched his STEERING WHEEL!

I've made memories with them, and I love them. I don't know everything about them, but that's alright. For the true TransFans that I'm acquainted with over the internet, they don't scorn me for not knowing everything. The same goes for me when they don't know something. We share information and chat about it, saying how excited we are for a new episode, movie, comic... whatever it is. TransFans are like family. We can all come together to talk about how much we love Transformers! We don't go around to say that we're better than someone else just because we know more than someone else.

When I meet younger fans, I'm standing there with open arms. They don't know as much as I do, but that's ok. I'm still learning myself, and honestly, you have to start somewhere. You aren't born with the knowledge.

On the other hand there are posers. They say they know all, and they don't. As I stated earlier, if you call yourself a HUGE fan (and claim that G1 doesn't exist) and you've only seen the three live-action films (and you can't even name Megatron), you're an idiot. You will be scorned.

These people treat Transformers as some... contest. It's not. I'm still learning plenty every day after almost four years. It's not a race, calm down. You don't have to be a HUGE fan to enjoy Transformers.

I just thought I should get this out there since it's the only thing I've thought about for the past week.

:D Enjoy your weekend!
-lulu.bell

No comments:

Post a Comment